Thursday, July 23, 2009

I'll procrastinate tomorrow

Each day my stomach has gotten better faster, and no problems at all for the last two days. It would appear that hurdle is past, and thank goodness. The thought of being caught out and about was awful, but luckily I was at home most mornings during the Great Bowel Affliction.

I've been drinking hot tea, iced tea, water, Diet Coke, and tonic water pretty steadily at night. Having something cold in hand helps, so I try to keep a glass full and close by. The other thing I'm doing consciously is to do something now instead of saving it for later. If I notice the dishes need to be done, I do them right then. When I think of weeding or wonder how the tomatoes are doing, out I go.

It's helping, keeping busy. It's distracting and productive and shows me something concrete when I want to see change and order and improvement. It feels like I'm tending to myself and my environment, and I like it.

3 comments:

Adamity73 said...

I like it, too, Meliss. You're doing everything right. Stay distracted, stay occupied, substitute stuff for the stuff you ain't be wantin' no more. Good deal.

Adamity73 said...

Also--just got it--I love the title! =o)

Mel said...

Good to know I'm on the right track, Adam. Keeping busy and noting the positives definitely helps. I was pleased when the title popped in my head, glad you like it too! I'm going to make it my mantra.