Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Big day tomorrow

It may seem like I'm overstating things, but I am very excited about tomorrow. Excited to talk to the doctor, excited to get that prescription slip in my hot little hands, and excited to pop that first pill in my mouth.

I'm excited to say thanks, but none for me. If I'm out and want to drink, I like tonic and lime. If anyone gets nosy (and because I am a private person I've already thought this through), I'll just go with trying to get pregnant and/or doing a cleanse. I'll just have to make sure not to use the cleanse excuse while stuffing my face with junk food or something.

Yesterday I had the 40 oz. that had been in our fridge for about a week and was fine with that, knowing my drinking clock was running down. I also opened a bottle of wine and poured a glass. I took one sip of the most vile concoction imaginable and poured the rest of the glass and then the bottle down the sink. That was nice because it let me feel like I was doing it deliberately, even though you and I know that if the wine had tasted fine I'd have had two glasses.

I picked up my last six-pack at the store tonight at 5:00. I had three earlier and this is the third after coming back from our walk. The last beer for a good long time, at least until I know without a shadow of a doubt that I am done with daily drinking, that I can have a drink or two on the weekend or the odd night and be done with it.

And now the house is empty. No beer, no wine, no liquor. I moved a few things around in the cupboard so the Rum Goes Here spot won't be winking at me.

I expect I'll miss it some, but I think I won't miss it more.

No comments: