Thursday, July 16, 2009

Here we go, into the wild blue yonder

It starts today.

I am waiting for a call back from the dermatologist office before I pop the first pill, because the pharmacist gave me a warning about a minute amount of alcohol in the medication I take for psoriasis. Google couldn't find any contraindications between the two medicines, but the pharmacist strongly suggested I call for the go-ahead first.

I've been thinking a lot about the Why of my drinking. Going back to 1994 or so, I've been inhaling or imbibing some sort of fuzzy-maker pretty consistently. I'm slightly concerned that when the veil lifts there's going to be some reckoning of feelings or anxiety or something, but then again, I have different tools at my emotional disposal than I did when I was 23. I have strengths that were non-existent then, I have done some growing, and I think I'll be equal to whatever my psyche wants to throw at me.

And if I am not, I will learn how to be.

2 comments:

Adamity73 said...

Oh, you definitely have more tools at your disposal now than when you were 23.

There'll be feelings of anxiety and depression--those are pretty much assured. But they'll pass; they pass more quickly for others than some, but when they do pass, you'll be floating high and filed with self-esteem. At that point you may have to be aware of the "pink cloud" phenomenon.

I have faith in you, sis. I have faith in you and others do, too. Be sure that you have faith in YOURSELF.

xoxo
--Adam

Mel said...

What is the pink cloud phenomenon? Being too confident?

Thank you for your faith in me. I will be leaning on that, too.