Thursday, August 13, 2009

Continuing on

I don't want to say things have been easy lately, but no other adjective springs to mind. The habitual thought or temptation or whatever you want to call it has receded to a point where there's no gut reaction passing the beer cooler at the store or seeing or smelling alcohol in social situations.

Some is the habit cracking and breaking away, and some of it is Antabuse and the knowledge that drinking is just not an option. It's doing what I hoped it would and simply removing it from the equation.

I can continue like this. I can continue to sleep deeply, enjoy my friends, and appreciate the feeling that I'm treating myself well.

Everybody deserves to feel that way, and if it took Better Living through Medication to get me here, you won't hear an argument. It's well worth it.

1 comment:

Adamity73 said...

Well...we have a history of alcoholism and cirrhosis in the fam dambly, so I think and know that what you're doing is a good thing. Good luck and keep on your Str8-n-Narrow.

I love you deeply.

--Your bro =)