Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Day 4

Looks like I'll be able to pat myself on the back in the morning. It's 11:30 and not a drop has passed my lips today. It's only one day, 24 hours, but it feels pretty fucking good.

My husband offered me a sip of his beer at a pool party earlier tonight, and for a split second I started to reach for it until I realized that what I wanted more than that sip was to go without it. I want to feel good and rested in the morning. I want to know that I can do this.

He and I talked later and I told him I needed to quit for the time being, to prove to myself that this frequency and amount has been habit, not addiction. I am going to be very careful from here on out. I am not going to get bent out of shape if I have a beer when I'm out with friends or my best friend is over for a movie. I am also not going to keep the fridge or wine rack stocked for awhile.

No comments: